Fulham Running Club (“the Club” “FRC”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In relation to any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, the Membership Secretary is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, name of the England Athletics (EA) affiliated Clubs with which you are registered and gender (Athletics Data).
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Athletics Data is to be able to administer your membership and provide membership services. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have an obligation to you as a member to provide these services. Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events; and
- sharing personal data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events.
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership
renewals or invitations to social events;
- sharing data with social event suppliers (eg venue);
- publishing of race and competition results.
Marketing and communications
- sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors/suppliers (eg discount codes);
- sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising;
- any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose(s) of health &
safety at club races. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it;
- the club has the following social media pages: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that providers of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
When you choose to be registered as a member of England Athletics, Fulham Running Club FRC will provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). If you are re-registering you do not need to provide your personal data to FRC again. England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). You will also need to log in to myAtheltics to accept their privacy statement. If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact email@example.com. Your data is not supplied to other third parties other than those detailed in this policy. The Club does not store or transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are active with FRC. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after four years of inactivity, in line with England Athletics Limited’s retention policy. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your member